Issuance of duplicate marriage certificates
This is for replacement of lost or torn marriage certificates.
• Full names of the parties
• Full date of marriage
• Type of Marriage
• Statutory fee of US$5 per copy.
Correction of errors or substance on marriage certificates
• Original marriage certificate.
• Birth certificate and a photocopy thereof.
• Proof that an error was made.
• Notorial deed where a person has made a complete change of name.
• Statutory fee of US$5 for normal application and US$10 for urgent application.
• Provide proof of urgency for urgent applications.
Urgent application - 1 day
Normal Application - 1 week
Issuance of non-marriage certificates
Confirmation of a person's marital status where a Zimbabwean national intends to marry abroad.
• Original birth certificate and a copy thereof.
• A statutory fee in case of a male US$0.5 per year calculated from 13th birthday to date.
In case of a female, US$0.5 per year calculated from the 11th birthday to date.
• A non-marriage certificate fee of US$30.
Designation of marriage officers
• Completed application form for designation as a marriage officer (M1) authorized and
recommended by the Authority governing the religions denomination.
• Statutory fee of US$15.
• Applicant to write an examination.
• Pass Mark 75% and above.
Authentication of marriage record
This is confirmation of any filed marriage record by the Registrar of Marriages.
• Full date of marriage.
• Full names of parties.
• Type of marriage.
• Statutory fee of US$15 - Normal.
• Statutory fee of US$25 - Urgent.
Normal - One month.
Urgent - 2 weeks.